I remember attending my first conference as a teenager, a youth summit of sorts, and I was hooked! I became an avid participant in educational and transformational workshops, events, conferences and retreats. Later on, I took great joy and pride in being a producer, organizer and curator of transformational and promotional events to help business reach and engage more of their ideal customers. I also love being a brand ambassador for products and services that I love and believe in.
To date I have attended 200+ events, both live and virtual, and I have more than a decade of event planning experience across various industries and sectors. I’m a passionate professional promoter and love to have fun! Being a marketer, though the industry has gone more digital these days, I still very much believe that in-the-flesh events are wonderful and valuable for creating authentic connections and a memorable guest experience.
[Note on COVID-19: In-person events are currently suspended until it is safe again to gather in-the-flesh. In the meantime, we continue to produce, curate and host virtual events.]
Currently, my team and I specialize in promoting products and services that are natural, organic, ethical and sustainable and that promote health, wellness, personal growth and transformation.
Brands I have worked with and represented:
Here’s a snapshot of events I have produced, organized or curated over the years:
- Supporting other coaches at their educational marketing events (sales-based) — being their event coordinator and “day-of” right hand woman making sure all logistical and sales/marketing components of the event run smoothly and sales results are reached, including managing their team of staff and volunteers
- Dozens of workshops and smaller events (20-50 attendees) as a coach, trainer and speaker in my own business(es), as well as when I was President of the Board of Directors at a non-profit empowering minority and Indigenous girls and women
- A “tea, treats and talk” event for my own birthday gathering 8-10 local food vendors and attended by 50+ guests
- An inspirational speaker event to raise funds for my own start-up (along with two other co-founders), attended by 100+ guests, and raised $10,000 in one evening
- Several trade shows when I was in the wine business where we had an exhibition table and we had a brand awareness/key messaging display, interactive games, etc. (1000+ in foot traffic per day)
- A multicultural eco-awareness film project and a screening evening attended by 150 guests
- A fun and intimate speed-dating event attended by about 30 participants at a local non-profit — it was a volunteer “extra-curricular” project amongst my colleagues who wanted to help their clients
- A 1,400-participant international student orientation and transition program at UBC with about 5 different programs and services, 5 staff, and 150 volunteers